Monday, August 9, 2010

LETTERS

LETTER 1
January, 4h 2010
Dear Mega Olivia,

How are you today? I hope you are fine.
I’ve just got your letter, and I write you back hurriedly. Okay Mega, I will help you to tell about “How to send message using your new HP, so you can use it quickly.
Actually, it’s not difficult. Follow these instructions :
First, choose the message menu, then write the message. After that, click the word “send” and the HP will show you the phone number. Search the phone number that you want to send your message, and finally just click “OK”.
It’s very easy, right? But If you still find difficulty please contact me again.
Good luck!
Liling Kumala Sari,





LETTER 2

Dear Arman
Well, this is my second week in Paris. How is England? I hope you are always being fine. I usually get up at ten o’clock and have breakfast in street café. French breakfasts are very small, but the coffee is not bad. I always go to school by metro. Usually arrive at school at twelve o’clock. I’m learning a lot of French. School usually finishes at five o’clock. In the evening I occasionally stay in the hotel, but I usually go for our dinner with a friend. Life is interesting in here. Next weekend I’m going to the coast. Give my regards to everybody.

SINCERELY
Nella

Answer These questions based on letter 2
1. To whom is the letter addressed to?
2. Where does John stay?
3. What does Mary do before having her breakfast?
4. What does she plan to do on the next weekend?




LETTER 3

Dear Cathy,
I just got back from London. The weather was terrible but I had a great vacation. I went shopping and bought some clothes at Harrods. Then I saw a play called The Mousetrap. I loved it.
Hey! Guess what! I went to Buckingham Palace one day and saw Princess Di and Prince Charles. Well, that’s all for now.

Love,
Richard


Answer These questions based on letter 3
1. Where did Richard go?
2. How was the weather there?





LETTER 4

15, Alice St.
Lahemba
30/03/2007

Dear Grandpa and Grandma,
Yesterday at my school, we had International Day. We had performances; food stalk, displays, raffle ticket draw and some of us were dressed in costumes.
We started our day off with performances but the one I liked best was the one from fourth grade. It was about games. The performance I was in was called Labamba.
Straight after our performances we had our lunch. There were food stalls. They came from Australia, Asian, Arabic and Greece.
After lunch, we had a raffle ticket draw, I didn’t win anything but a lot of people did. Although I didn’t win anything, International Day was still fun.

Love

Angela


Choose one of correct answer based on letter 4
1. The writer joined in a group to perform ….
a. food stalk c. Labamba
b. games d. raffle ticket draw
2. “..............., I didn’t win anything but a lot of people did.” It means ......
a. The writer didn’t win the anything, and a lot of people didn’t either
b. A lot of people won the something, and the writer did too
c. Either the writer or a lot of people won something
d. A lot of people won something but the writer didn’t win anything
3. “Dear Grandma and Grandpa” This part of letter is called ….
a. Closure c. Address
b. Salutation d. Content
4. What did Angela want with her letter? She wanted …
a. to amuse her beloved grandma and grandpa
b. to tell her grandparents how to follow the performance
c. to describe her school to her grandpa and grandma
d. to tell her grandma and grandpa about her past activities


GOOD LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment